Yolanda's Blog

Link to article remembering Yolanda
in San Francisco Chronicle by Sam Whiting:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/30/BADI12T1L6.DTL

Link to Yolanda's Obituary:
http://www.venusians.com/YolandaObituary




Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Postcard Message

Date of this writing,
August 8, 2008

Hello Dear Friends and Family-

A quick note to you from the lovely Finger Lakes Region in Central NY, where I’m enjoying rest and healing with Matt and his wonderful family.

I have so many thoughts to share but will wait until I return to San Francisco where I can focus on my writing. I thought I’d be writing here but find it so appealing to do little more than watch the clouds pass and the grass grow! It’s now 8 months since my diagnosis and I feel healthier than ever in certain ways, though challenges do arise that sometimes test my ability to persevere this condition. On this path when I choose to observe the beauty of the present moment, the distance I travel becomes of less importance.

Thank you all for your continued support…and special thanks to my friends at the Mindful Body for the lovely Kirtan held in late July. I’m sorry to have missed it, but the photos and recorded music will live on with me forever. I’ll be sure to post some pictures from that event. Also many thanks to my spiritual allies at Ananda and the Toning Group at Sharon and Linda’s in Sacramento. I feel so blessed to experience such love!

I’ll be back in touch soon.

All my love to all,
Yolanda